For an exciting start of the new year the School of Architecture and Design research forum is organising a Public Symposium on the 15th of January, 2015, EMMTEC Building (MT007 Lecture Theatre), 4.00pm-8.30pm.
We would like to cordially invite you to what promises to be a very exciting and wealthy Symposium and debate titled:
‘Lincoln Cathedral and Architectural Theory’
As part of the symposium a launch of the book ŒBishop Robert Grosseteste and Lincoln Cathedral: Tracing Relationships between Medieval Concepts of Order and Built Form Bishop Robert Grosseteste and Lincoln Cathedral² Edited by Nicholas Temple, University of Huddersfield, UK, John Shannon Hendrix, University of Lincoln, UK and Christian Frost, Birmingham City University, UK will take place. A finger food buffet reception and hot drinks will be served at 4.00pm at the EMMTEC foyer, and we start at 4.30 pm.
Distinguished Speakers include:
- Prof. Nicholas Temple: Bishop Robert Grosseteste And Lincoln Cathedral; Tracing Relationships between Medieval Concepts of Order and Built Form (Introducing the book: Edited by Nicholas Temple, John Hendrix and Christian Frost
- Prof. John Hendrix: ‘Architecture and Cosmology’
- Dr. Nicholas Bennett: ‘Robert Grosseteste and Lincoln Cathedral’.
- Dr. Philippa Hoskin:’Robert Grosseteste and pastoral care in the diocese’
- Prof. Christian Frost: ‘Festival, Time and Order in the Medieval City’
Please book your place on the booking form here.
You can find more information on the book here.
We hope to see you there!